Can you collect for pain and suffering after a car accident?

Imagine a situation in which another person's negligence led to a motor vehicle accident that resulted in serious injuries.

This can turn your life upside down, thanks to medical bills, vehicle repair costs and an inability to provide for your family in the future.

While not always the case, you may be in a position to receive compensation for pain and suffering. However, since these damages are difficult to calculate, unlike those associated with medical bills and property damage, it takes the right approach to obtain the compensation you deserve.

Here are some of the factors courts typically take into consideration when determining damages for pain and suffering:

  • Severity of the injury
  • Long-term prognosis
  • Recovery time
  • Disfigurement or scarring
  • Amount claimed in special damages
  • Your personality and outlook on life

The most important thing to remember is that an injury you suffer in a car accident has the potential to impact you for the rest of your life. For example, a severe injury, such as one to your brain or an amputation, has the potential to alter your career path.

If you're injured in a car accident, don't wait to put your care in the hands of a qualified doctor. You can trust this person to provide an accurate diagnosis, implement a treatment plan and follow along with your progress.

As time allows, turn your attention to the accident itself, including the cause and the steps you can take to hold the negligent party responsible for your injuries and related damages. Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to collect for pain and suffering.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Find Out If You Have a Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

The Viorst Law Offices,P.C.

950 South Cherry Street Suite 300 Denver, CO 80246 Toll Free: 888-371-2803 Phone: 303-872-5712 Fax: 303-333-7127 Map & Directions

Can you collect for pain and suffering after a car accident? | The Viorst Law Offices, P.C.