Seeking damages: What to consider

After a personal injury, you may wish to seek compensation from the party responsible for your injuries. Do you know the type of compensation you want? Do you know everything you are entitled to?

It is important to understand the value of your case. You may be entitled to many things such as lost wages, coverage for travel costs, medical coverage and more.

There are several different types of compensation you may seek. These include compensation for:

1. Disfigurement2. Future medical expenses3. Loss of consortium4. Household services5. Loss of enjoyment of life6. Lost earning capacity7. Medical expenses8. Mental anguish9. Lost wages

What kind of compensation should you seek?

Every case is different, and the type of economic recovery that you seek will depend on the impact of your injuries. For example, if you have been disfigured, then you will want to seek compensation for disfigurement. If you have ongoing medical expenses and expect to have medical expenses in the future, then you will ask for compensation for future medical care. Your attorney will help you determine the amount of compensation you should seek based on limits set by the state and insurance company, as well as your injuries and the damages you have suffered.

Our website has more on injuries and what to expect when you file a claim. There are many factors to consider in a personal injury case, but by taking your time and addressing your case carefully, you can get the most out of your lawsuit or claim.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Find Out If You Have a Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

The Viorst Law Offices,P.C.

950 South Cherry Street Suite 300 Denver, CO 80246 Toll Free: 888-371-2803 Phone: 303-872-5712 Fax: 303-333-7127 Map & Directions

Seeking damages: What to consider | The Viorst Law Offices, P.C.