You can file a claim to recover damages after a car crash

After you're involved in a car accident, there are several steps you need to take. First, you should make sure you and your passengers are okay. If you are injured, dial 911 and wait for emergency help to arrive. If you are injured but are able to check on the other driver and passengers, do so. If you can provide aid, it's important to do that when possible. If there is a direct hazard to a person who is injured, it's okay to move them. Otherwise, wait until emergency help arrives.

After the police arrive, you can begin assessing property damage, physical injuries and additional factors of the accident. If someone needs medical attention that person should go to the hospital immediately. The police can take a statement later. If you or someone you're with can, get the names and badge IDs of the officers who attended to you at the scene.

If you are uninjured or don't need to go to the hospital immediately, make sure you exchange insurance information with the other driver. Get witness names, addresses and phone numbers along with other contact information. When you do go to get medical help, keep track of all your medical treatments so that you can file a claim with this information to seek compensation.

You can also submit photos of the damage caused to your vehicle and any injuries you have suffered to the insurance company to show why you are seeking a claim with a settlement of a certain size. Your attorney can help you negotiate for a settlement that is fair. Our website has more on what to expect when you file a claim.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Find Out If You Have a Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

The Viorst Law Offices,P.C.

950 South Cherry Street Suite 300 Denver, CO 80246 Toll Free: 888-371-2803 Phone: 303-872-5712 Fax: 303-333-7127 Map & Directions

You can file a claim to recover damages after a car crash | The Viorst Law Offices, P.C.